Archive for the ‘Home Workout Routines’ Category
Hi and welcome to the post for Leg Lifts and Elastic Band Exercises.
Obviously leg lifts are incredibly good for hips and buttocks and as the old pear shape problem appears to be a very difficult one to shift for some women, so I thought a post with a simple video would be a good idea.
In the video below you can see how leg lifts combined with an exercise elastic band are very effective. These elastic bands can be purchased online or in most of your local sports and fitness stores, however they do come with a more fancy name as opposed to an elastic band. Today I’m going to stick with that name so nobody accuses me of promoting one brand above another!
These really do not need a huge and detailed explanation. There are plenty of workout programs, videos and books that explain leg lifts incredibly deeply, but I really liked this video as it is straight to the point.
Grab your elastic band, but it around both ankles, hold onto a chair, watch the video and start performing your leg lifts and give yourself tight buns and slim hips in no time.
See? Now that is a simple video, right? The benefits and affects you will see from performing these exercises regularly and including them in your routine will be dramatic!
Okay this is only going to be a short post and I’ve decided to write this to clear up a common misconception that prevents people from getting their training programs exactly as they desire.
Jumping jacks are very different to Star jumps. I noticed this because I saw somebody working out in a circuit training class at my local gym. Even the trainer got this wrong because part of the circuit involved completing 20 Star jumps. Well here the trainer had his class members doing jumping jacks and getting confused. So here’s the difference…..
This is where you stand upright and remain standing all of the time, you then jumped slightly in the air, begin to spread your legs into a wide stance and raised both your arms up in the air in an arc motion. You then land on the floor with your feet in a wide stance that’s wider than your shoulder width and both your arms pointing straight above your head.
You then take a second small jump where you pull your legs and feet back together and lower your arms to your sides in an arc motion again. So it’s a full reverse back to the starting position. These are not Star jumps.
This is where you begin on the floor in a crouched position with both feet together and your hands by your side. You then take a large jump by exploding upwards and your aim is to form a star shape in the air. So during your jump spread your legs wide to 5 o’clock and seven o’clock and push your arms up in the air to 2 o’clock and 10 o’clock – note that all of this is done in the air.
As gravity takes over and you begin to descend you must land with both feet together and immediately go back into the crouched position ready to perform the next star jump.
That is the difference between the two and as you can see they are completely different. Personally I find Star jumps to be very challenging and a great aerobic workout. However for some people jumping jacks are much more beneficial if there is less pressure and impact on your knees.
Speak to your trainer and they will advise you on which is best to incorporate into your routine, just make sure they know the difference!
Women feel it move when they shake hands, they feel it wiggle when they brush their teeth and they feel it jiggle when they wave hello and goodbye—it is their unwanted, unsightly, flabby arms. Flabby arms are usually caused by excess fat deposits in the upper back of women’s arms, also known as the location of the triceps muscles. In order to get rid of flabby arms, one must do a few triceps muscle exercises.
When doing some of these exercises, you need a good pair of dumbbells. In order to determine what weight would be best to use, keep in mind that lighter weights are better for toning when paired with many repetitions whereas heavier weights are better for bulking up when paired with a few repetitions. Ideal light weights are the 2-3 pound dumbbells whereas ideal heavy weights are the 6-7 pound dumbbells. Once you have decided on what kind of look you want to achieve and hence, what kind of dumbbells to use, then you are ready to start.
Here are a few easy yet effective exercises to help you work out your triceps and get rid of your flabby arms once and for all:
- Exercise 1: While standing, grab a pair of dumbbells and raise your arms straight above your shoulders. While keeping your arms facing forward, slowly bend your forearms backward, hinging them at the elbows. Make sure to keep your back straight and your upper arms and shoulders steady. Continue to lower your forearms at least until they are parallel to the floor. After one breath in this position, slowly straighten your arms and bring them back to their original position.
- Exercise 2: Holding a pair of dumbbells, lie face-up on a flat surface. Straighten your arms over your head with both palms facing each other then slowly bend your elbows. Keep your upper arms in the same position while lowering your hands and forearms. Continue to lower your forearms until they are slightly more than parallel to the floor, at about a 45 degree angle. After one breath in this position, slowly straighten your arms and again bring them back to their original position.
- Exercise 3: Holding a pair of dumbbells, stand straight up while letting your arms hang at the sides with your palms turned inwards. Slightly arch your torso forward, until you are a comfortable bend, and then lift your elbows upwards towards the ceiling until your arms are at a 90 degree angle. Keeping your back strong and the upper part of your arm steady, straighten your forearms so that your whole arm forms a straight line until your shoulder. After one breath in this position, slowly straighten your arms and again bring them back to their original position. When doing this exercise, you can increase the level of difficulty by trying to reach back as far and as high as you can with your forearms while still maintaining the same position throughout the rest of your body.
Do you want to be fit but have no time to go to the gym? Or you want to cut your gym costs? Then why not try your own fitness training at home? This will not only save you time, it also save you some money over time. Here’s how to develop a fitness training at home.
1. Invest in some gym equipment.
You really don’t have to buy all the equipment found in gyms, but you should have the basic equipments such as:
• exercise mat
• a pair of dumbbells
• medicinal balls (it depends on what weight you can carry)
• stability ball
• some DVDs featuring easy to follow gym exercises (optional)
2. Develop a training program.
If you go to the gym prior to your decision to do your fitness training at home, then you can keep up with your old fitness training program, and do some revisions or modifications with it. If not, then it is best to consult a trainer first. You should try lowing intensity work outs at first, and adding reps or sets later. Also, don’t overlook your objectives when developing a fitness training program. Are you doing this just to be fit or there’s something more you want to achieve? Do you want to condition your body because you want to try a new sport or you want to improve your performance in your sports of choice?
Each sport has different muscle groups to tone or skills to improve, for example, for softball, you should condition your arms for pitching and legs for running fast. You can do some weight training for your arms and some plyometrics for your legs. Basketball, on the other hand requires great stamina and high endurance, along with swift foot works. To develop this, you have to increase your plyometrics training in order to improve these skills you need for certain sports. Like in volleyball, you have to improve your jumping height. So before developing a fitness training program, consider these factors. You also have to decide on how many sets and repetitions you should perform for a certain exercises, also the days when you are going to perform a certain program. Here’s an example of a fitness training program for a week.
Monday – Weight Training (with dumbbells)
Tuesday – Plyometrics (using medicinal ball)
Wednesday – Cardio Exercises (swimming, running etc)
Thursday – Rest day
Friday – Weight Training
Saturday – Plyometrics
Sunday – Rest day
3.If you want to do some runs or walks, instead of using a treadmill, why not try running on the country side or the local park? This is a cost efficient way to do your runs.
Benefits of Fitness Training at Home:
• You don’t have to pay membership fees, and the equipments are all yours.
• You won’t have to wait for an equipment to be available so you can use it.
• You can do your work out in the comfort of your home.
• You can work out at the times convenient for you.
• You’ll save time by cutting the time you might spend for going to the gym.
• You can encourage other family members to join you in your fitness training.
• If you do your runs outdoors, you can get a breath of fresh air.
Thanks for reading and good luck,
Welcome to the best dumbbell exercises for women at home – An important component of a fitness training program is weight training. For women, on the other hand, intensive weight training may result to bigger muscles which most women won’t want to have.
Female body builders may benefit from intensive weight training, but most women just want to do some weight training to tone down their muscles and condition it for rigorous activities such as sports. So, dumbbell exercises for women are recommended to tone those muscles.
You can use dumbbells to tone muscles from different areas, if you are using the right exercise using dumbbells, and also the right weight for you.
For starters, you can use a dumbbell with a weight ranging from 2-3 pounds. A dumbbell with adjustable weights can be ideal so that you can increase its weight when the earlier weight adjustments are not applicable to your progress anymore.
Here are some dumbbell exercises that women must try:
• Biceps Curl – holding the dumbbells, let your arms hang at your sides. Then raise one arm at a time. (Arms/Biceps)
• Flat/ Inclined Chest Presses – you do this by lying on your back on either a flat surface or an inclined surface. Extend your arms holding the dumbbells above your chest, and lower the dumbbells to your chest (in this case, adjust weight which you can carry to avoid losing grip of the dumbbells which can cause an injury)(Chest)
• Flat/Inclined Chest Flies – you also do this while lying on your back on a falt or inclined surface (ideally with a 45 degree tilt). Extending your arms above while holding the dumbbells, bend your elbows to the floor, and lower your arms to the floor. (Chest)
• Lateral Raises – while standing, bend your knees a little bit. Then hold the dumbbells to your sides. Bend your elbows and raise dumbbells, having your arms parallel to the floor. Then slowly return to starting position. (Shoulder)
• Bent Over rows – lie with your face down at a bench, letting the dumbbells hang from your arms. Then pull up the dumbbells towards your chest. (Back Muscles)
• Shrug – stand upright, with knees slightly bent, and legs parallel to chest. Holding the dumbbells, raise your shoulders upwards. Then slowly return to starting position.
• Hammer curls – standing straight up, hold the dumbbells to your side, then bend your elbows and raise dumbbell up to your chin. Repeat for the other side. (Biceps)
• Triceps Extensions – standing straight up, hold dumbbells with arms extended, shoulder level, raising it overhead. Then slowly bend elbows back down. (Triceps)
• Half Squats – While standing in an upright position, hold the dumbbells to your sides. Keep your feet parallel to shoulder width. Then bend your knees, but with your back still flat. Then return to starting position. (Legs)
• Calf Raises – sit on a bench, and keep legs about a foot apart. Gripping your dumbbells still, let it lie on your thighs. Then, raise your heels using the force of toes. Then lower it again and repeat. (Calf)
You can do each dumbbell exercise starting from 2 sets each, with 10 reps minimum. You can increase the intensity later. Remember to warm up before doing any of these dumbbell exercises, and also don’t rush your routines. Take a rest in between exercises for 1-2 minutes. Cool down by stretching after every session.
Have you read my wifes story? Its so cool…check it out here –> Workout Routines For Women – that link takes you to our homepage!
It’s true, at time of writing Christie Brinkley is 57 years old. You probably know this actress and again at time of writing that she is in the incredible Chicago musical currently running in New York. Just recently she has been snapped showing off her incredible figure, beauty and a great set of legs to match.
How does a busy actress working on one of the world’s most successful musicals find time to look this good? How does anyone at the age of 57 keep such a fresh face, stunning figure and long toned legs?
Well she has revealed all!
Unfortunately for us she doesn’t swear by eating burgers, pizzas and hot dogs five times a day like you hear some crazy Hollywood stars talk about.
Nope in fact she talks about eating a balanced diet and exercising all the time. What I really love about this is that she doesn’t talk about going to the gym every waking minute or working with a personal trainer for six hours everyday.
In fact she finds ways to work out and exercise was doing day-to-day activities in the house. For example when she is blow drying her hair she lowers herself into a sitting position where there is no chair. This is obviously a great workout for her quadricep muscles and buttock muscles. Not to mention she has to keep balance by engaging her core stomach muscles.
She also talks about standing on one leg when she is pushing her teeth and holding the other leg up behind, again engaging the buttock muscles. This is her secret and it’s what keeps her looking fantastic. That and a nutritious, well-balanced diet.
So what can you do?
Okay here’s a few ideas to add to the two above.
Leave a heavy bag at the bottom of the stairs. Every time you need to go up the stairs, left the bag and carried on with it. The added weight will give you some great resistance and give a great workout to your legs. Once you reach the top of the stairs place the bag on the floor in a sensible place and when it comes to descending the stairs pick it up and repeat the process.
Christie Brinkley also states that she performs 100 push-ups a day. Now this might take some of you a lot of time. But what about when you’re standing around waiting to use the bathroom, or even waiting for that microwave to finally ping. Do you think you could push out 10 push-ups? Absolutely. If you do this every time you’re waiting on something you could easily rack up 50 push-ups in a day.
What about if you are lying leg raises when you are relaxing on your bed. This could easily be done first thing in the morning when you wake. Simply lie on your back with your hands by your side, keep your legs straight and left it straight up from your hip and then lower back down. 10 of these on each side will give a great workout for your hips and again your stomach muscles.
I know initially this seems like a crazy idea, but if you add in a few of these simple exercises whilst you are standing around brushing your teeth, drying your hair, lying in bed, waiting for your husband to get ready before you can go out, then you are going to start to see some changes in your body.
Try it out, what have you got to lose!?
If you want to know how to get slim legs and thighs then you should definitely look into some slim legs exercise routines. These are going to be very different from your regular workouts that you see for legs. So there’s going to be no leg extensions or leg curls as some personal trainers and fitness instructors recommend.
After all we are not wanting to build the legs, but make them slim.
Don’t forget ladies, if you are wanting to make anything slim then you have to make sure your diet and your eating habits are in the right place. No amount of workouts are going to give you the maximum benefits if you’re eating way more calories than you need. A healthy, well balanced diet is absolutely necessary if you are looking to slim down and of course I recommend speaking to your doctor about this first. Then there are some incredible programs to help you shed the extra pounds.
If you think your diet is spot on and you’re ready to get into some exercises for slim legs, then try this one. It’s called a Power Pliet and it is the adaptation of a set move from the ballerina dancing world!
Don’t your legs feel slimmer already!
- Okay well firstly you stand with your legs spread quite far apart, certainly in a wider stance than your shoulders. Point your toes out slightly.
- Now begin to lower yourself into the seating position.
- Stop when your thighs are parallel with the floor and really push your heels down, lowering yourself and your buttocks into a seated position.
- Now instantly raise yourself up to your full height, but keep your wide stance.
- Once again lower yourself into the seating position and repeat this from anywhere between 30 to 60 repetitions. This is one set. Do three sets in total.
Because this is only using your body weight and you are doing very high repetitions, it will burn lots of calories and produce slender, slim legs. It’s also great for getting rid of love handles on the waste and hip area.
Of course you are going to need to continue this exercise regularly and for some time. It’s quite easy to add this into your existing work out or use it as an alternative to some of your other leg routines. If you don’t go to the gym or don’t exercise regularly, then this exercise is a great way to start. It is simple to understand and you can do this at home, right now. In fact once you have finished reading this article post, give it a try!
Yes the 30+ repetitions in each set going to burn, but just keep thinking ballerina slim legs!
If you want an all round killer figure, check out our homepage – Workout Routines For Women - My wife did this and …..well……whoa…. she looks good!
Back fat, love handles, whatever you want to call it, for a lot of women this can be an embarrassing part of the body. I should know because my wife was constantly going on about this problem! There are loads of people looking to solve this problem so I thought I would write a series of posts on back fat exercises for women. This is obviously part 1.
This is a really simple exercise and best of all you can do this at home, in fact you can probably do this now. All you need to do is lie on your front on a comfortable carpet, rug or mat. Place your hands by your sides.
Now slowly and gently raise your feet and your knees off the floor by contracting your buttock and lower back muscles. At the same time lift your head and your chest off the floor. Hold this position for 20 seconds and then after the 20 seconds relax and lie flat on the floor once again – rest in a flat position for a further 20 seconds. This is counted as one set and it’s best to do three sets of this back fat busting exercise.
Now you can add a variation to this exercise. When you lift your legs and head up into the arched position, begin to kick your legs. You don’t actually bend at the knees when you kick, but you make your hips and buttocks do the work. Okay, it looks a bit strange but this technique really works the lower back and can help to tone the area.
If you are serious about getting rid of back fat and love handles, then it is imperative that you also begin to burn off excess fat from all parts of your body. You probably have love handles because of a slight excess body fat and this is where your body chooses to store it.
In Part 2 I’ll talk about burning off excess fat in particular areas such as your back. Part 2 is here – Best Back Fat Exercises For Women
Many women “suffer” from flabby arms as they reach middle age. Many of us think that it’s a normal thing and we can’t do anything about it. Newsflash ladies, we can actually do something.
The first exercise is the ball push-up. You can use a basketball or volleyball in your house. This is a bit tricky. If you don’t position yourself properly, the ball may roll so make sure you hold the ball tightly and push it with friction towards the floor. You can use a mat that prevents the ball from rolling. Copy what she did; knees down, pull your hips, press down towards the ball and push back up. You can feel your abs, chest, shoulders and arms working while doing this, proof that this exercise really works. Try to do about 15 repetitions but remember not to force yourself if you can’t do it. Relax, start slowly and stop for a break.
The second exercise uses a dumbbell. Imitate what she is doing in the video. Try doing it 12-15 times on each arm. This is a bit delicate for all those who have balance issues and those who are first timers. So if you think your body can’t tolerate, start slowly, rest in between and don’t push yourself in doing it.
The last exercise shown uses a chair. Make sure that the chair you will use has stoppers. You may use a mat to engage the chair and prevent you from falling. Try to do what she showed in the video about 12-15 times. Again, don’t force yourself if you can’t do it. Start slowly, relax and feel your triceps do its work.
Enjoy your workout. Soon you can flaunt those firm arms you’ve been dreaming about.
For our homepage click here – Gym Workout Routines For Women
Today, many individuals are doing gym workouts to lose weight. This is because of the increased awareness of the adverse effects of being overweight. There arevarious gym exercises that one can follow to stay fit and healthy; some of the exercises are easy to follow and can be done at home.
Here are some tips that you can use when you go to a gym for you to get the full body workout that you need.
First, you need to do some cardio exercises. You need to do some warm-ups and stretching before you do your gym routine. It is important to do this first because you would not want to get any injuries while doing your workout. Running on the treadmill can get you ready and all warmed up for the next part of your exercise.
This first part of the gym workout will not only help you warm up but also help reduce the fats that you want to shove off.
Next, you can do some weight lifting. It is best to do some bench presses for your upper body. You should start at a weight that you know you can handle. It is not a good idea to lift heavy dumbbells or barbells because it might cause injuries.
After doing some lifts, you can then start to target your arms. This is one of the most targeted body parts of any individual in the gym. The reason for this is the fact that the arm is where you can really notice your weight gains.
If you have bingo wings, you would want to do some exercise for your triceps.
Finally, you should target your legs for this is the most neglected part when people do gym workouts to lose weight. It is important to do some leg exercise because the legs carry you around anywhere you go. Keeping them fit strong and healthy will benefit you greatly and slim, toned legs will draw the eyes wherever you go…if you know what I mean!
Get more tips and advice – Gym Workout Routines For Women